Saturday, June 03, 2006

The Gifts of the Year



The Gifts of the Year

Well Earthpig and I have gifted each other with fun toys this year. He bought me a car and a laptop and I bought him a ShopSmith and a 16X12 foot shop to put it in. He is now fixing up the shop so that it will have electrical and lights. He is paneling the walls with pegboard so that he can hang up all his fun things. I am excited about this too because then I can use the lathe and learn to turn. Earthpig is having a blast.

I love the car. It is a Mazda 3 sedan, 5 speed manual and very blue. That was one of the things I wanted, a blue car. Had a hard time getting it, tho, they wanted to sell me something from the lot. I figured if I was buying the least they could do is get what I wanted. Obviously, they saw things my way, finally. I got exactly what I wanted. It drives like a dream. Jinx and I took it to TeiJai's house. I really enjoy being behind the wheel, and the control of a 5 speed is wonderful.

The laptop is great too. I have it in the family room and now get to be on the computer and be part of the family. We have a wireless house now, so I can be on the internet, watch TV, and talk to Earthpig all at the same time. What fun!!! Piglet #3 likes it too because now we don't make her get off the other computer all the time.

Well, the shop should be wired by next weekend and then Earthpig will be able to build many things. He is looking at birdhouses to do first, because we have many homeless birds. We also are going to build bird feeders, we are afraid if the birds cook in their own houses we might have fires! ( After the houses and soup kitchens for the birds who knows. We will see.

And that is about all for this update. I will update more either later today or tomorrow. I do have to study, but that is another blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home