Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The Newest Member to the Zoo

So, here we are on 5 JAN 06 and the Earthpigs have a new addition to their zoo. Earthpig told me the other day to look for Rat Terriers. I was a bit surprised, but I wasn’t going to say ANYTHING! There was nothing here where we live; so, I looked in the paper where Jinx lives and lo and behold I found some. I called the woman and she said she would be home over the w/e and we were more than welcome to come and see her puppies.

So, on Saturday we went looking for their house and the puppies. We found both. There were two young males. I picked up the first one and said, “This one”. Earthpig asked if I was sure. I decided to hold the second one and fell in love. He was smaller than the first, which is good. I prefer small. Of course, when I say smaller, he was probably 4 oz smaller. He probably weighs 2 or less pounds. I decided I wanted the second one. Earthpig asked if I was sure. I was VERY sure this time. He was only 5 ½ weeks old, so she was hesitant to let us have him. I convinced her. We live 3 hours from the Jinx/Fozzie household and I didn’t want to have to come back up. Not that going to see Jinx and Fozzie is a terrible thing, don’t get me wrong. So I said we would take very good care of him, get him his shots, and all of that. I didn’t want to leave him. I was a bit afraid she would sell him to someone else. That would not make me happy. So home came Jaxon.

He has been welcomed by one and all. The cats are indifferent until he bites their tails. Actually, Jellu (Hey You) will play with him. Pre, the dog LOVES him. She can’t wait until he gets big. I don’t have the heart to tell her that big is about 10 pounds. He plays big, though. He jumps on her and barks at her. They have a great time.

We went to the vet yesterday and he weighs 2.6 pounds is healthy and the love of the office. Everyone just fell in love. The office manager, also the wife of the vet, said she wanted one. The vet just grunted. I don’t think they are getting one.

So, that is how our year ended.

2 Comments:

At 5/1/06 10:16, Blogger Bluejinx said...

I see you failed to mention all the disclaiming you did beforehand-"we only LOOKING at the puppies, we aren't necessarily going to GET one". He is still very cute.

 
At 13/1/06 09:46, Blogger Tj said...

Jaxon is a cutie. The Geek looked at the pictures and just grunted. I guess we aren't getting one either.

I don't know what Jinx is talking about. I knew you were getting one before you went up. Did you keep her in the dark?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home