Saturday, January 14, 2006

Knitting and Sweaters


Well, I sent Jinx a picture of my sock and she said I should post it. So here it is. This is how far I have gotten on my sock. Not very far, but it is better than nothing. Jinx said that it was looking rather large I said that it might be. She said to rip it out. I think she is crazy! I ain’t ripping anything out. I only do a sock once. She said that I would have to do another one. I told her that I was only doing one sock and would find a one-legged friend to wear it for me. She laughed. I will finish it and do the second one, but I am not sure that I will do another pair. I think she has more fun doing it than I do.

I am enjoying this knitting stuff but I am a starter and not a finisher. I have a scarf that I started last year, a sock, and now I have just started a sweater for Jaxon, the new puppy. I am hoping that I will finish that because the weather has turned a little chilly and he isn’t so big. Also, if it rains he will need something to keep him dry. He is such a little thing that he doesn’t have much body heat to lose. Also, he won’t get very big so I will have to make more. I need to find a crochet pattern, I prefer crochet. So I just crocheted a sweater for him. A little trial and error, but I think it worked out well. I am sure all will let me know how it looks.

So, one sweater finished and a sock started. Hopefully I will finish the socks before next January. I’ll keep you posted about all my crafty stuff with yarn. I did finish a blanket for Jinx’s sister’s baby (who is not born yet). It is beautiful and soft. Piglet 1 wants one too, just a little bigger. We will see how that goes.

2 Comments:

At 14/1/06 20:10, Blogger Bluejinx said...

How cute!!! But he looks uncomfortable Mom! Maybe that is not his color?

 
At 16/1/06 14:10, Blogger Tj said...

I think the sock is fine. I agree with you - don't rip it out. Besides - once you throw it in the washer and dryer it will shrink a little. Jaxon looks cute in his sweater. Maybe he needs more on the sides to keep him warm? The color looks good on him, contrasts nicely with his fur. May we see a picture of the baby blanket you made? Pretty please? With sugar on it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home