Thursday, December 29, 2005

Night Night

So, once again, the drugs slowly take over my mind. The fuzziness creeps in and the worms start sliding through my eyes. Pictures are painted on the screen using bits and bytes and pixels shaping and reshaping the contours making the pictures all the more interesting. Thoughts creep into my brain quickly and leave the same way. Flashes of thoughts whisper in my ears, quietly, quickly, then gone. Remembering is not an option because it requires a higher functioning brain and mine is out to lunch right now. The nice thing is that these are legal drugs. The feeling of lying on my back in the ocean letting the whim of the current take me is about the same as this. A feeling of loose disjointedness follows my movements; whether thinking, walking or talking nothing acts quite right. Sense is not made, time does not move, words do not come. Sleep must be given into for this is what I seek, why I take the drugs.

Sleep, that peace that stands just out of reach, laughing at me. Well, one night at a time I will win. For 8 hours I will sleep, wake up and do all that is required of me. Then we’ll see what happens tomorrow night. Sometimes I choose not to take them so that I can be awake for friends. Sometimes I do so I can float.

Time to float. Night Night. See you tomorrow. Promise!

1 Comments:

At 3/1/06 15:45, Blogger Tj said...

oohhh...that's sounds so peaceful. What drug is it so I can ask for some? I hope you had a good time in NC. The Geek and I thought about coming up but our private jet was missing. It is missing probably because we don't own one, but that's beside the point.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home