Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Wake-Up

Ok, so let’s chat about all you out there who take two pots of coffee, a pack of cigarettes and 3 hours to wake up. I am one of those who wake up as soon as my eyes open. I am up and ready to go. Let’s start planning the day. We don’t have to leave right now, but it is never too early to start planning. Jinx is one of those who isn’t truly awake until about noon, and PLEASE don’t talk about starting the day until about one. Therefore, when I go visit her and I wake up around 8 I let her sleep until whenever. I SHOULD get her up then, make her pop, get her cigs, and then MAYBE she would be ready to go by 11 and get about one shopping trip out of her to the local Hobby Lobby, she calls this a Hobby H*** trip, I think.

I have been up there often, she has been down here rarely I am not sure why this is Earthpig is one of her too so it is not as if she would be here with a bunch of early rising crazy people. He is a long waker-upper too. They go together well. It is fun watching them both wake up. It is good they aren’t married; nothing would be started until 5pm.

Anyway, I digress. One particular weekend I got rather well likkered up. Jinx was looking forward to my next morning of “the morning after”. I am sorry to say I disappointed her. I don’t get the dreaded “morning afters”. I wake up happy, healthy and raring to go. She was disgusted with me. I was planning the daily trips, she was drinking and smoking and waking up. Oh well, sorry Jinx.

I do have to say, Jinx did wake up and get on the road at 6am for the cruise. Of course, she did not have to drive so there was no real waking up she had to do, 3 hours into the trip she was still drinking, smoking and waking up. Poor Fozzie.

I am not sure Fozzie is a good waker-upper as much as he is a good sport. He has learned that Jinx isn’t so someone has to be, and he was voted into the position, there was no runner-up should he choose to decline the position so he is stuck with it. Fozzie is a very good sport. He puts up with Jinx and more importantly, he puts up with both of us when I am up there. He doesn’t take sides and is more likely than not to choose her as the evil twin. Sometimes she really is evil, even though she denies it. I can deny it no more; we have independent sources now (see Jinx's post "The Eyes Have It".

Well, back to my initial rant. I have married a long waker-upper, from a long line of long waker-uppers. My MIL is a long waker-upper. Even if I wake up 2 hours after she has, I have to give her another hour before I start planning the day. It took me a long time to get used to this. I have finally learned what to do. Just sit and wait for Earthpig to wake up. If it is important, then go I ahead. I expect the sighs and groans. He is a wonderful man, and if given enough of a heads-up he does fine. If we need to do something early the next morning, I have to tell him the night before. He is fine. I have to drive, though. These are things I have learned through time, trial and error.

Sometimes it is fun to be a waker upper with long waker-uppers just to watch them come around in the mornings. You watch them; it is a process of degrees. They stumble into the kitchen, put on the coffee, sit down, grumble because it takes too long, fix their cup, get a smoke, and inhale, both the coffee and the cig. They have a couple cups and smokes and they wake a little more. Their eyes clear a little, their facial muscles become a little more firm, back a little straighter. This goes on until they are sitting up straight, their face is back on their skull instead of around their neck, and their eyes are their natural color. Sometime actually, take the time to watch them. It is an interesting metamorphosis.

2 Comments:

At 7/12/05 11:12, Blogger Bluejinx said...

Yeah!!! Now you can post your own commentaries and I don't have to do it for you. BTW, Fozzie is a natural early bird, he is just getting to the point anymore where he is grouchy about it.

Love,

Jinx

 
At 7/12/05 12:49, Blogger Tj said...

I think I won't let The Geek read this post. He might decide to do pictures of a long-waker-upper transformation. And then sell them on eBay. Hhhmmm...extra money...we could put it away for the next cruise. Gotta think about this some more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home